Choose.

With this economy not being stable, why did you choose to leave your job? Tahu tak betapa susahnya untuk dapat job these days? 

But still, I decided to leave my amazing job as a teacher to further my studies. You'd probably wonder why I did that right? *chuckles*  

It was hard for me too because I love my job, my work place, my colleague and most of all I love my students whom until today I call my children. The sad part was, they didn't even know I was leaving since I didn't want to let them get emotional. 

I left because I wanted to and pursuing Masters has been my dream since I was in high school. To study outside of Malaysia and learn more about education and language. When I got the chance to pursue it in UK and when my mom gave her green light, I couldn't resist. I couldn't not take it. So, I left my job and went away. It was hard, really, to leave the job you love and go somewhere you aren't sure whether you would succeed or not. But I made that bold move and now I'm here still studying for my Masters. 

I chose to do this because I felt that I wasn't equipped being a teacher without any teaching background and without the proper knowledge of being a teacher. You know, until today I'm grateful that I got the chance to do this because it has open up my mind in the possibilities of a teacher and how miracles can work through the education field. Yeah, it's corny but who cares.

I'm not saying that everyone should quit their job to pursue their dream. Haha

To do that, you'd have to have a proper present and future plan. Trust me, if I didn't have one, my parents wouldn't let me quit my job at all. Who would right? if you pursue your dream blindly, you won't get anywhere. So have a plan and make sure you stick to that plan and not give up because it would be a total waste if you do. You sacrifice a lot of things by pursuing your dream. 

I sometimes regret following my dream. 

But then I would kick myself because that's not who I am and I shouldn't be thinking like that. Because I realise, despite my sacrifice, my family, friends and God would always have my back and they trust me. With that trust, I keep going on further and even if it's hard, you have to push through it. 

Your dream kot. Takkan nak give up easily right?

Comments